In a minor domestic crisis, my food processor, or more precisely the part you use for almost everything for which I use a food processor, picked the eve of the festive season of the year to give up the ghost. A crack in the lid expanded such that a batch of squash soup had to be liberated via that column shaped thing that sticks up on top.Can you tell this is not my area of strength?Next week, I'm hosting Thanksgiving. I need your help. Please answer the following kitchen-related questions:
1) Do you have a food processor? Can you recommend it? Which is to say, do you actually use it?
2) And if so, do you use the fancy things on it? (Mine came with a mini-blender (used a lot and long ago broken) and these scary disks you used to julienne things (used once).)
Seriously, what are you talking about?
3) Do you use a standing mixer? Or one of the hand-held varieties?(And isn't that color delightfully retro?)
If this is what I think it is, I like the pretty colored one but chuckle every time I see how expensive it is.
4) How about a blender? Do you have one? Use it much?
Sometimes in my mind I pretend I am someone who would take the time to find the ingredients and make healthy drinks in a blender. Then I remember I don't have one.
5) Finally, what old-fashioned, non-electric kitchen tool do you enjoy using the most?
Other people cooking for me.
Bonus: Is there a kitchen appliance or utensil you ONLY use at Thanksgiving or some other holiday? If so, what is it?